Thursday, September 09, 2004

Answers to the discussion and idea exchange questions

I would like to apologize first for sending my post to the main page rather than comments section which was due to the presence of the other comments in this page, and second for using English because I am very bad in using Persian keyboard.

1, Regardinging social aspects Canada is a very successful country. Everyone is free to have his/her own faith and life style and …, people are very polite and lawful, moreover although Canada is a multicultural country it is so peaceful and free of racism. Regarding other aspects I found Canada a relatively successful country. In my opinion the US is the most successful country and European industrial countries are in the second rank. Canada has good natural resources which make it relatively rich but I think it is not as developed as it could be and it has much more potentials (I am only comparing Canada's present situation to its own potentials).

Second question: Most of the immigrants especially Iranians are either extremely successful or on the contrary do not have a decent enough life. I feel the latter group could have been in better occupational position in their home country (I am exclusively talking about occupation not any other aspect). About advising other to emigrate to Canada as Prince Ali said there is no unique prescribes for everybody it depends on the personalities, expertise, expectations of life and ….

About Canadian universities: I rank them generally as top 10 in the world in graduate studies. But in undergraduate studies I have no idea about other countries but I recommend Iran better than Canada.

I am looking forward to hearing other friends' viewpoints as well. Thanks for your patience.

M.K.